- Highlighted Features:
- Supports 12th Gen Intel® Core™ Processors (LGA1700)
- 9 Phase Dr.MOS Power Design
- Supports DDR4 5000MHz (OC)
- 1 PCIe 5.0 x16, 1 PCIe 4.0 x16, 3 PCIe 3.0 x1 1 M.2 Key-E for WiFi
- Graphics Output Options: HDMI, DisplayPort
- Realtek ALC897 7.1 CH HD Audio Codec, Nahimic Audio
- 4 SATA3
- 2 Hyper M.2 (PCIe Gen4 x4), 1 Hyper M.2 (PCIe Gen4 x4 & SATA3)
- 1 Front USB 3.2 Gen2x2 Type-C, 2 USB 3.2 Gen2 (Rear Type A+C), 6 USB 3.2 Gen1 (2 Rear, 4 Front)
- Dragon 2.5G LAN
I tried the excellent 12-thread CPU “Core i5-12400”
From here, I decided to actually use the H670 Steel Legend to build a PC for testing.
For the CPU, we opted for the 6-core/12-thread “Core i5-12400” model, which only comes with P-cores. It doesn’t have the E (Efficient) core that emphasizes power efficiency, which is a feature of the 12th generation Intel Core processors, but close to rival AMD Ryzen 5 5600X and the previous generation Core i7 at around USD 230, it’s the perfect CPU for the job such as light photo/video editing and casual game engines.
Moreover, it combines 32GB x 2 with DDR4-3600 drive and SAMSUNG “980 PRO 2TB” which is the fastest class of PCIe 4.0 x4 NVMe M.2 SSD.
|CPU||Intel “Core i5-12400” (6 cores / 12 threads, maximum 4.4GHz)|
|CPU cooler||ID-COOLING “SE-226-XT-BLACK” (air cooler, 120mm fan, side flow type)|
|Mainboard||ASRock “H670 Steel Legend” (Intel H670, ATX)|
|Memory Card||G.Skill (F4-3600C16D-32GTZNC) (16GB×2, DDR4-3600)|
|Video card||Intel “Intel UHD Graphics 730” (GPU with built-in CPU)|
|Storage||SAMSUNG 980 PRO MZ-V8P2T0B/IT (2TB, PCIe4.0 NVMe SSD)|
|Power supply unit||SUPER FLOWER “LEAD EX VI PLATINUM PRO 1000W” (1000W, 80PLUS PLATINUM)|
|Operating System||Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit (21H2)|