The Global Biomarker Market report analyzes the biomarker tools and services market over the period 2009-2014. The report studies the major market drivers, restraints, and opportunities for the global biomarker market; and also evaluates the major trends in the macro- and micro-markets with respect to different geographic regions.
The global biomarker market is estimated to be $20.5 billion by 2014, growing at a CAGR of 19.7 % from 2009 to 2014, driven by the high demand for the biomarkers in the field of drug discovery. The markets for biomarker tools and services are expected to grow at a CAGR of 18.5% and 22.2% respectively. The increasing use of biomarkers in clinical services is boosting the overall biomarker service market.
The high growth of the biomarker market is boosted by the demand from the baby boomer generation in the U.S., and from Asia’s emerging IT industry. Biomarker applications are increasing in cancer diagnosis as novel tools are being developed to increase the discovery speed of cancer biomarkers. The use of proteomics in biomarker testing and identification has in turn boosted the services for the biomarkers. Market players are now focusing on new product and service development to enhance their commercial portfolios. Strategic collaborations among companies are also increasing biomarker applications in the field of diagnosis and drug discovery.
SCOPE AND FORMAT
The report analyzes the global biomarker market into the following segments:
- Tools Market (pregenomic biomarkers and technologies, postgenomic biomarkers and technologies, imaging biomarkers, and others)
- Services Market (pre- and post-clinical biomarker services, sample preparation, mirna analysis, and others)
- Application Market (diagnosis, and drug development and discovery)
The market data consists of aggregate sales figures of all biomarker submarkets. It analyzes the market aspects of new biomarker technologies and product launches; sourcing key market developments from the top companies that it profiles. The report also analyzes the documented claims and the biomarker technology patents approved over the last five years to provide an in-depth understanding of biomarker tools and services.
What makes our report unique?
- Provision of the longest market segmentation in the industry.
- The report provides an analysis of patents and more than 45 company profiles giving a competitive outlook.
- The report includes market data for segments such as tools, services, and applications for the major geographies – U.S., Europe, Asian, and ROW.
- The high-level analysis provided by the report analyzes the market prospective for different major market segments along with the identification of opportunities.
- Provided competitive analysis stating the major segments focused by the global market players and the key developments – tools, services, and technology.
Key questions answered
- Which are the high growth market segments in terms of tools, services, and applications?
- What are the market forecasts and estimates from the period 2009-14?
- What are the major drivers and opportunities in the market?
- What is the competitive outlook, what are the major tools and services, who are the major players in the market segments?