Symantec Corp. today announced the Backup Exec 2012 and NetBackup 7.5 that has been available worldwide. Both new product from Symantec is a solution to help companies with all sizes to transform and modernize backup strategy becomes faster and easier. At the same time, Symantec also announced agreements with NetApp which will sell the new NetBackup Replication Director. Replication Director may reduce the management cost and complexity to restore and manage backups and snapshots that are replicated from a single console management of NetBackup (15/3).
Raymond Goh as the Regional Technical Director, System Engineering, Symantec explained various features owned by Backup Exec 2012 and NetBackup 7.5. Raymond said, “Three key points are presented with a solution Symantec Backup Exec 2012 and NetBackup 7.5 is controlling the rate of data growth, bringing together all the platform as a whole, and of course the ease of backup or recovery.”
Backup Exec 2012
Symantec Backup Exec 2012 using only a single console for virtual and physical backup. Backup or restore data can be done vice versa, either from virtual backup and restore the physical, backup or restore physical and virtual. The new administration console that allows users to manage a concise and quick to perform management and monitoring.
Backup Exec Symantec 2012 is supported by V-Ray technology, providing a single file recovery, deduplication and backup management server for VMware, Hyper-V or physically in a single product that allows a significant storage and management savings. Backup Exec 2012 enables granular recovery of entire virtual machines, single file, the object of Active Directory, Exchange Email, or SharePoint Document.
Backup Exec 2012 is divided into two types, namely Backup Exec 2012 Small Business Edition and Backup Exec V-Ray Edition 2012.
1. Backup Exec 2012 Small Business Edition
Backup Exec Small Business Edition provides just three easy steps, where the solution of this to install and manage backups so that small businesses with limited IT experience can protect their data with ease. Backup Exec Small Business Edition bundle of data recovery technologies and Symantec system into an affordable solution with a single license designed specifically for companies that have a maximum of three servers.
2. Backup Exec 2012 V-Ray Edition
Backup Exec V-Ray Edition provides an option for virtualization architects to have Backup Exec technology to protect their environment that is 100% virtual and the option to easily extend the protection to the physical environment, if needed, without having a separate solution.
Symantec NetBackup 7.5 presents a viable solution for medium and large companies that have a higher complexity such as the use of Unix or Linux operating systems. Various benefits owned by NetBackup 7.5, as follows:
- This solution can be 100x faster backup, capable of helping to archive or data to be deleted. Instant Full Recovery with a single click on the management console provides backup speeds without the expense and additional costs during the time of recovery.
- Snapshot and Backup unites, where the use of Netbackup Replication Director is able to focus management and accelerate the recovery of hundreds replicated Snapshot. Replication Snapshot Director provides organizations with centralized management speed and capabilities of NetBackup recovery.
- One platform for virtual or physical backup with V-Ray, which allows deduplication technology in physical and virtual environments from a single solution.
- Discontinue use of tape to backup, where the habits of company if it is backup to tape, it will be sent to disaster recovery site, it need not be done again because the NetBackup 7.5 has been providing Auto Image Replication. This solution is capable of doing automation for backup and replication between multiple domains, so the company can reduce cost and time efficiency of resources.
For more information about Backup Exec 2012 and Netbackup 7.5, you can visit www.symantec.com/ap/betterbackup.