Windows 7 is the latest OS from the house of Microsoft. Windows 7 was launched after vista which didn’t do good business. Vista somehow didn’t get the proper attention as it should get but it seems that 7 is getting better attention then Vista. Even many computer users stick with windows XP instead of upgrading to Windows Vista. But with Windows 7, the scenario is entirely different. Ever since its launch, it got immense popularity to both the individual computer users and the business houses.
If you are a contented Windows XP user, you may ask why upgrade to Windows 7 Operating system. Well, there are several reasons for upgrading to windows 7. And some of them are truly outstanding. In this article, we have highlighted some of the most stunning features of Windows 7.
- For the computer users, security is one of the most important issues. And it has been enhanced a lot in Windows7. Windows 7 has UAC, ASLR (address space layout randomization), and DEP (data execution prevention) in addition to improved operating system kernel protection. Even certain versions of Windows 7 also include BitLocker and BitLocker-to-Go encryption.
- Another most useful feature is Home Networking. Although this feature was also present in XP. Home Networking has been made easier with Microsoft providing discounts upto 3 licensed users on upgrades to windows 7. This would obviously make windows 7 home networking easer as all there are on the same OS, thereby making sharing easier and simplified while also having better protection to make sure that unknown guests can not join the network.
- There is a special feature –the windows XP mode which gives complete compatibility to win XP era programs. This actually runs on a virtual PC environment which is backed by a fully licensed XP SP3. If one has a program that didn’t work in vista that will work in Windows7. However, that Windows XP Mode is not built into the core Windows 7 operating system. Instead, it will be available as a free download for users of the Professional, Enterprise, and Ultimate editions of Windows 7.
- Then comes, the Windows 7 taskbar which not only holds the icon of the open application, it also acts a dock for favorite applications.
- The Aero was launched with Vista but Windows 7 have added more to it.
- Last but not the least, smaller and lesser used programs like the calculator, WordPad and mspaint have been upgraded too. The new windows calculator not only functions as a standard calculator, it also acts as a scientific calculator, program calculator as well as statistical calculator. The windows 7 Ms paint as well as WordPad also has a new ribbon interface.
These are some of the most useful and upgraded feature of Windows 7 with which you can enjoy more easy and hassle-free computing. If you are planning to upgrade to Windows 7 or already a Windows 7 user, you can consult a Computer Help provider for Windows 7 support.