Welcome Buddy!

Get Started
Tips Tricks

How do I get an IATAN Card? 4 Critical Things You Should Know

Learn More About the IATAN Card for Travel Agents in the US.

The IATAN Card is a form of a card that can be used on board various trains and buses across the US. It is available for those who travel by train or bus independently and those who use a travel agent.

Verification Process

The IATA/IATAN card is one of the most recognized IDs in the travel industry. Many commercial suppliers require their agents to carry the IATA/IATAN card. Aside from that, the card also comes with substantial benefits.

However, some agents complain that they encounter fewer occasions when the card matters. Some claim that a more comprehensive and effective alternative would be in order. Among the groups considering an option are ARTA and several agent associations. In the meantime, the best ID in the travel industry is the IATAN Card.

This is a non-ticketing version of the International Air Transport Association (IATA). It is the same as the IATA card, with the same accreditation numbers. With an IATAN ID, you can obtain trade rates from airlines, hotels, and car rental companies. But to get an IATA card, you need an official office.

Applicants must meet specific qualifications, such as completing a CLIA training program within the past 12 months. Applicants should also have a full-time job with an accredited travel agency.


For travel agencies in the US, there are two significant types of travel agent ID cards to choose from. One is the IATA (International Air Transport Association) card, which is used by most of the world’s airline companies, and the other is the CLIA (Cruise Lines International Association) card, which is used by the cruise industry.

There are some advantages to each type of ID card. The IATA card offers a rich database of individual agents, which suppliers could use for targeting marketing and other purposes. However, all airlines need to recognize the IATAN card, and some suppliers are unsatisfied with its functionality. On the other hand, the CLIA card is not widely accepted but is a must for air-only reservations.

Understanding the differences between the two ID cards is essential, as it can be challenging to determine which one is better. Among its significant differences are the requirements for application, the cost to obtain a card, and the acceptable business types. Some agents say that getting both is a good idea, while others say that a card only matters when it’s essential.

1demo banner 468x60

Non-Ticketing vs. Ticketing

International Airlines Travel Agent Network (IATAN) is a US-based program that serves US-based travel agencies. This program provides a predefined set of documents and ARC approval for companies with over two years of experience in the industry.

When it comes to ticketing, IATAN has a non-ticketing option. It allows agencies to take advantage of airline inventory without actually issuing tickets. However, to qualify for this type of accreditation, agencies must have at least two years of industry experience and have an office in the US.

Non-ticketing agencies offer services like meeting planning, business travel, and individual home-based businesses. These agencies are similar to TIDS.

IATA offers several accreditation options for different types of entities. If you are looking for a free opportunity, consider the Travel Industry Designator Service (TIDS). A TIDS number is free and requires only minimal documentation.

Another option is the Travel Sales Intermediary Accreditation. This is a streamlined service for travel sales intermediaries. In addition to being a recognized program, TSIA accelerates reservation processing.

Travel Agent’s Rate

If you’re a travel agent, you’ll want to get an IATAN ID card. This is the most effective way to receive discounts from hotels and car rental companies. There are three main types of cards, and you should know which one is right for you.

The IATA/IATAN Travel Professional ID Card is recognized as a professional credential worldwide. It demonstrates that you’re a travel professional and gives you access to discounted rates on air, car, hotel, and other travel services.

To apply for an IATAN/IATA card, you must work for a company accredited by IATA and be affiliated with an IATA-accredited travel agency. You’ll also need to have sold at least $5,000 worth of travel in the past 12 months.

After you’ve earned your IATA/IATAN card, you can find additional benefits on the IATA website. For example, you’ll gain access to several travel-related courses and seminars. Also, you can take advantage of industry suppliers’ discount opportunities.

how do i get an iatan card? how to get an iatan card
How to get an IATAN Card

Do you think you have other ideas about How do I get an IATAN Card? 4 Critical Things You Should Know? You can comment below or discuss more related to “How do I get an IATAN Card? 4 Critical Things You Should Know” in the CnwinTech Forum. Also, read more articles about Insurance TechInsurance Business Investment, or other exciting tech tips and tricks at CnwinTech.

Want to have a capable desktop PC at an affordable price for multitasks, playing games, and working? Check out and visit our store below!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Check Also
Subscribe Now
Back to top button

Adblock Detected!

If you enjoy our content, please support our site by disabling your ad blocker or whitelisting us. We use ads to keep our content happy and free.