- This topic will covering:
- 1. Using Android Device Manager.
- 2. Use Samsung Find My Mobile (The Safest Way to Unlock a Forgot Password).
- 3. Use the Forgot Pattern Feature.
- 4. Use someone else's cellphone (the easiest way to open a forgotten cellphone pattern).
- 5. Use Safe Mode.
- 6. Make the Lockscreen Crash.
- 7. Use the Find My Device Application.
- 8. Use Google Smart Lock.
- 9. Use ADB to Remove the Password.
- 10. Use a Google Account.
- 11. Do the Factory Reset.
How to open a locked cellphone will certainly be much easier when you know the password to use. However, what if the opposite happened? It’s definitely going to be very confusing, isn’t it?
Locking your own smartphone is very important this day. On Android phones, the available passwords are quite diverse, they can be in the form of a pattern, a combination of numbers and letters (password), a PIN, or a fingerprint sensor.
Unfortunately, it’s not uncommon for smartphone users to forget the smartphone password that they previously set, resulting in the cellphone being inaccessible.
Just calm down! In this article, we will review 7 methods aka how to unlock locked Android cellphones if you forget your password or if your fingerprint is in error. However, this is not a trick how to open someone’s smartphone pattern, right!
How to Unlock Locked Android Cellphones
Using Android Device Manager
The first way to open a forgotten cellphone password is to use the Android Device Manager, an official service made by Google.
You can use a browser on a friend’s Android smartphone or use a laptop to access this one service. Also, make sure you log in with the same Google account as on the cellphone that forgot the password, and of course, the cellphone is connected to the internet network.
Well, for a more detailed way, you can follow these steps:
- Visit the site or download the Android Device Manager application from another laptop, computer, or cellphone.
- Login using the same Google account as on your cellphone.
- Select the Lock option. If Android Device Manager is having trouble finding your device, click the refresh browser button a few times.
- Enter the new password twice to confirm.
- You can already open a locked cellphone with a new password.
** Download the Android Device Manager app here! **
Use Samsung Find My Mobile (The Safest Way to Unlock a Forgot Password)
If the method above doesn’t work and your case is using a Samsung device, you can try a service similar to the special Android Device Manager from Samsung, namely, Find My Mobile.
This official service made by Samsung is an alternative way to open a Samsung cellphone that is locked with the easiest and most secure password.
Here are the steps that you can try to follow:
- Visit the Find My Mobile site from the browser app, or download the app below.
- Log in using your Samsung account or create a new account if you don’t have one.
- Click the Lock my screen button in the left pane.
- Enter the new PIN and click the Lock button.
Within a minute or two, the lock screen password should have been successfully changed to the new PIN you entered and used to unlock the device.
Visit the Samsung Find My Phone site here!
Use the Forgot Pattern feature
If your device is still running the Android 4.4 KitKat operating system or lower, you can still use the Forgot pattern feature.
As for how to use the Forgot Pattern feature, you can see the following:
- Enter the HP password randomly 5 times or until the maximum limit is met and the message “Try again in 30 seconds“.
- You select the Forgot pattern menu as a way to open a forgotten smartphone pin.
- Select the forgotten password method you want.
There are generally two methods available, namely answering security questions or signing in with your Google account. If you choose the second one, Google will send you an email with the unlock pattern or you can change it right away.
Use ADB to Remove Password
The next way to open a forgotten password or pattern will only work if you have previously enabled USB Debugging. Not only that, how to open a forgotten smartphone pin you can only do if you have a computer that has been connected to a smartphone via ADB.
If you have ever rooted or installed a custom ROM, you must be familiar with this process. Instead of getting more curious, see the steps below:
- Connect the cellphone to the laptop/PC using a USB cable.
- Open the Command Prompt program, then type the command in CMD
adb shell rm /data/system/gesture.keyto enter the ADB installation directory.
- Reboot your smartphone and the password on the lock screen should no longer exist.
The loss of this password is only temporary, so make sure you set a new password before doing the next reboot. That’s right, this trick can also be tried for those of you who are looking for a way to unlock OPPO smartphone patterns or other brands.
Use other people’s cellphones (The easiest way to open a forgotten cellphone pattern)
The next way so that you can open a locked or forgotten cellphone pattern, which is to use the help of someone else’s Android cellphone. This method is fairly easy to do and you don’t have to worry about deleting the data that is on the cellphone. Here are the steps:
- Borrow a friend’s or family’s cell phone.
- Call your number using the borrowed cellphone.
- When the phone rings, pick up the call.
- End the call, immediately press the Home button.
- After entering the main menu, change the HP pattern or password.
Use Safe Mode
As you know, there are lots of lock screen security apps for Android available on the Google Play Store. Some of them are very impressive because they can change passwords according to any combination of hours and minutes, date, and battery status. However, sometimes there are bugs that make your cellphone inaccessible.
Well, if the problem comes from a third-party application, you can try booting into Safe Mode as an alternative way to unlock a locked cellphone pattern. The method varies, depending on the type and brand of your smartphone. However, in general, you can follow the steps for entering Android Safe Mode below:
- Press and hold the Power button until the Restart or Power Off option appears.
- Then you press and hold the Power button on the cellphone again until the Reboot to safe mode option appears. Then, press OK.
- Through Safe Mode, you then uninstall the third-party lock screen application that is causing this problem.
- Restart the cellphone to exit Safe Mode after the application uninstall process is complete.
You can also see some other ways how to disable Safe Mode, which we have discussed in a separate article.
Make the Lockscreen Crash
This method exploits a bug on smartphones running Android 5.0-5.1.1 Lollipop. Apart from that, this method of how to unlock a locked cellphone using an emergency call can’t work.
For your own way, you can refer to the following steps:
- Press Emergency Call that appears on the lock screen.
- Then use the dialer interface and enter 10 asterisks.
- Copy and paste the 10 asterisks until the number of star characters is doubled.
- Repeat this process, copy and paste to add more characters to the limit.
- Next, go back to the lock screen and open the camera shortcut.
- Pull down the notification window and press the Settings icon, then you will be asked to enter a password.
- Long press in the input field and select paste. Repeat this process several times so that the screen lock will crash and allow you to access the entire smartphone interface.
How to unlock this cellphone password can be used and works if the cellphone you are using is still using Android Lollipop.
Other Ways How to Unlock Locked Android Cellphones
Use the Find My Device App
If you are an Android 2.3 user and above, you can use the Find My Device application to regain access to your device. It’s not difficult, you only need to use a Google account that is connected to your cellphone via a computer or laptop. Here are the steps:
- Open the Find My Device app.
- Select the device you are using.
- Click the Lock option.
- You will get a new code that overwrites the forgotten old code.
- Unlock the phone with the new code you got.
Don’t have the app yet? Please download the Find My Device application via the Google Play Store by clicking here.
Use Google Smart Lock
Google Smart Lock can be used by those of you who are already using an Android 5.0 or newer cellphone. This feature allows you to unlock your phone automatically, but you must be connected to your home WiFi, smartwatch, or Chrome browser.
With this feature, you can simply connect your phone to your device or network every time you forget your PIN or pattern.
Use Google Account
Your Google account can also be used to reset the pattern on your phone, especially if you’re still using Android 4.4 or an earlier version. If you want to know how to unlock a forgotten cellphone without a reset password using a Google account, here are the steps:
- Try unlocking the phone’s pattern lock several times until it says “Forgot Pattern“.
- Click on “Forgot Pattern”, sign in to your Google account.
- Select a PIN or create a new pattern after successful authentication.
Do the Factory Reset
If you have done all the ways to open a smartphone pattern that you forgot the pattern password above and it doesn’t work, the final solution is to reset the cellphone to factory defaults aka Factory Reset.
Unfortunately, this trick is not for those of you who want a way to open an Android phone without losing data. The reason is that you have to give up all the data stored in your internal memory. Even so, Factory Reset is the most powerful way to unlock a smartphone, forget a password or pattern.
Well, the process of entering Recovery Mode varies depending on the type and brand of your smartphone. For the better, you can browse according to the brand and type of cellphone used. Or you can also follow the steps below perhaps according to the smartphone brand you are using and it works.
- Turn off the cellphone then turn it on again by pressing the key volume up + home + power button or the key volume up + power button simultaneously.
- Use the volume buttons to select the Wipe Data/Factory Reset option, then press the power button to select it.
When the process is complete, select Reboot system now and your smartphone is back in a new state again. It’s finished, how to open a locked cellphone with this method!
List of Ways How to Unlock Locked Android phones
Based on our description in the article above, the following is a complete list of how to unlock a locked cellphone because you forgot your own password or pattern:
- Using Android Device Manager.
- Use Samsung Find My Mobile (The Safest Way to Unlock a Forgot Password).
- Use the Forgot Pattern Feature.
- Use ADB to Remove the Password.
- Use someone else’s cellphone (the easiest way to open a forgotten cellphone pattern).
- Use Safe Mode.
- Make the Lockscreen Crash.
- Use the Find My Device Application.
- Use Google Smart Lock.
- Use a Google Account.
- Do the Factory Reset.
Those are the 11 most powerful ways How to Unlock Locked Android Cellphones so far at this time. Because of the many types and brands of Android smartphones out there, there is no real standard method to apply.
The method that we share is not necessarily applicable to all conditions. Sometimes many factors can cause these methods to not work properly. If you know of another way, you can share the info in the comments column below. What should be noted is don’t use this trick to unlock your friend’s cellphone pattern lock!
Also, read articles about Android or other interesting articles from CnwinTech.